Friday, February 13, 2009

The Hulk Does Not Lie

My three-year-old son received a great Spider-man Valentine's Day card from my mom/his grandmother, complete with a Spider-man temporary tattoo. When I thanked my mom for sending him the card, she mentioned that she had wanted to get him an Incredible Hulk tattoo, because of a drawing that I did when I was little.

Before I tell you about the drawing, though, I need to give you some more information about my drawings as a young kid. When I got past the "random scribbles" stage of my drawing and progressed to drawing representations of people, I would draw people without bodies, so that their arms and legs came straight out of their heads. I could be wrong, but I don't think that this is unusual.

I, however, made the interesting artistic decision to draw foreheads on my people. To do so, I would draw a large oval-shaped mass on their faces. I don't know why I chose to do this; possibly I just knew that the forehead was a part of the face, and so it should be in my pictures of people. I have never seen this in drawings made by any other child.

So my mom told me today that I once drew a picture of the Hulk in this manner, complete with forehead. That's pretty cool, I think, but the real capper is what I wrote underneath the Hulk.

Sadly, the original drawing has been lost, but I've re-created it here based on my mom's description:



That's right. He's "The Credible Hulk." You stick that guy on the witness stand, and the jury will totally believe him.


3 comments:

  1. That's awesome. It was cool of your mom to go the superhero route! Also, it is indeed a pretty common thing for kids to go through a no body drawing phase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you think about it, he is fairly credible. I wouldn't call him particularly manipulative. SMASH SMASH SMASH.

    ReplyDelete